Echinodorus ‘Ozelot Red’ is first of all a Low Tech pant. In other words, it will grow in any aquarium gravel
A beautiful, dark-red variety of Echinodorus ‘Ozelot’, 20-50 cm tall and a 20-40 cm wide rosette. The dark red spots form a bigger contrast on the light leaves. The leaf margin is fluted. A nutritious bottom promotes growth. It is an easy and highly recommended plant, which thrives in almost all conditions.
Planting Instructions for the Echinodorus ‘Ozelot Red’:
- Firstly, take the label off.
- Secondly, remove the rock wool together with the plant from the net pot
- Thirdly, make sure you also remove the rock wool from the root system , take care not to break or tear the larger roots while doing this
- Finally, plant the stems using tweezers into the substrate
- Emersed to submersed growth in your aquarium
- Provide good water conditions for your plants
- Dose a respectable aquatic fertilizer for your plants , follow the instructions from the manufacturer
- Make sure you have the correct lighting spectrum , based on the plants needs Check out our video on aquarium lights.
- Prune dead leaves and stems constantly
- A Co2 system is a good addition into your aquarium for the plants to flourish
- Conduct 20-30% water changed once a week to ensure good water conditions
- Patience is key for the transition to take place