Echinodorus “Amazon Sword” is first of all a Low Tech pant. In other words, it will grow in any aquarium gravel
Amazon sword is a common name for multiple plant species in the Echinodorus genus, like Echinodorus bleheri and Echinodorus amazonicus. These lush, green rosette plants are among the most popular aquarium plants because they are very easy to grow.
Planting Instructions for the Echinodorus “Amazon Sword”:
- Firstly, take the label off.
- Secondly, remove the rock wool together with the plant from the net pot
- Thirdly, make sure you also remove the rock wool from the root system , take care not to break or tear the larger roots while doing this
- Finally, plant the stems using tweezers into the substrate
- Emersed to submersed growth in your aquarium
- Provide good water conditions for your plants
- Dose a respectable aquatic fertilizer for your plants , follow the instructions from the manufacturer
- Make sure you have the correct lighting spectrum , based on the plants needs Check out our video on aquarium lights.
- Prune dead leaves and stems constantly
- A Co2 system is a good addition into your aquarium for the plants to flourish
- Conduct 20-30% water changed once a week to ensure good water conditions
- Patience is key for the transition to take place