Terms & Conditions
We have the right to cancel any order and refund the client for whatever reason we see fit.
We have the right to refuse to assist any client.
- We don’t accept any returns on livestock.
- Non-livestock items are returnable within 7 days. If item is found to be in working condition, the client will be liable for ALL shipping fees. If items is faulty, a full refund or replacement will commence and shipping will be covered by McMerwe Farms Pty Ltd.
- Returns after 7 days will be subject to a handeling fee of 15% and client will remain responsible for for shipping.
- Waranty claims: Items will be picked up from client and sent directly to the suppliers. If item is found to be in working condition, the client will be liable for ALL shipping fees. If items is faulty, a replacement unit will be sent to client. Client will just be responsible for shipping back to the supliers.
- We don’t accept any returns on any hardware or any products that are not to the buyers liking after 7 days of purchase.
We have the right to reject any payment method.
By placing an order you agree to do one of 2 payment options:
1. EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer)
2. COC (Cash/Card on Collection)
Account Name: McMerwe Farms (PTY) LTD
Bank: First National Bank
Account Number: 62796630484
Account Type: Cheque Account
Branch: Langenhovenpark (code: 250655)
(We also have an account with ABSA, Nedbank and Standard Bank to allow for faster EFT reflections).
* No cash deposits into our accounts are allowed. An additional fee of R40 will be levied for cash ALL deposits.
We only ship livestock and plants Monday – Wednesday. All other products can be shipped Monday – Friday.
Please note that the couriers only transport products Monday – Friday and do not operate over weekends.
You will automatically be charged an additional R50 fee for livestock/plants to include a polystyrene container. This is already included in the shipping charges that you will see upon checkout.
*Larger fish might have additional shipping charges. Due to the complexity of this algorithm, it can not be calculated during checkout. The website will only calculate the MINIMUM shipping charge. If there are additional charges, this will be communicated to you after you have placed your order.
The Courier Guy (R120 – R500) – Depending on what you order.
Local Pickup (Cape Town only) = Free (this is to be arranged via WhatsApp or Email). We charge a R50 fee per polystyrene container if are going to use your own courier.
*Free shipping for order over R3000 does not apply to Garra Rufa fish.
You will be automatically opted in to our whatsapp updates and mesages. You can easily opt out by just replying with the words “opt out”.
* Alive Arrival Guarantee (only the first 24 hours). We are using the priority shipping (overnight) method on all livestock. If the courier takes more than 24 hours to deliver the livestock parcel – the client takes responsibility for any livestock deaths. The 24 hour Death On Arrival cover starts when the courier picks up the parcel.
** We only ship the day after payment is reflecting in our account.
*** To claim your Alive Arrival Guarantee, you must take a clear photo of the dead livestock in the original bag within 1 hour of getting the parcel from the courier and it must be within 24hours from the time the courier picks up the livestock. We have the right to decline any Alive Arrival Guarantees if we feel that inadequate proof was given.