JBL – Manado is a natural substrate for freshwater aquariums.
- Optimal plant care through porous structure and nutrient storage function: substrate for freshwater aquariums
- Vigorous plant growth, prevents algae: effective settlement of beneficial soil bacteria and ideal root growth thanks to natural pore structure. Support for the filter. Crystal-clear water
- Ideal for fish, invertebrates and plants: no unwanted pollutants released into the water. Round-shaped granule grains are gentle on sensitive barbels of bottom-dwellers
- High storage capacity: the natural substrate absorbs the surplus nutrients and releases them when required
- Contents: substrate Manado. Available in various sizes
Successful plant care
The natural substrate activates the soil flora and is ideal for plant care. The nutrient buffer with battery effect (releases nutrients until it is depleted and can be reloaded through new fertilization) is water-neutral and round-shaped.
Rinse briefly before use with lukewarm tap water to remove any abrasion caused in transit. Calculation formula
The right amount of substrate: length (cm) x width (cm) : 200 = litres substrate with 5 cm thickness
McMerwe’s Review: This is the best inert substrate available for plants in our opinion. It’s very expensive compared to other inert substrates. It contains no nutrients out of the bag, but we believe it can absorb some nutrients to a degree. It is very light in weight and plant roots can easily be developed without being pressured by the weight of the granules. Roots can easily move the granules out of the way. The colour also looks natural. It requires a thorough rinse. Some granules float, but they will eventually sink as they get waterlogged. (Rating: 5/5)