Hygrophila difformis is first of all a Low Tech pant. In other words, it will grow in any aquarium gravel
Hygrophila difformis from Asia is beautiful and undemanding.
Stems becomes 20-30 cm tall and 6-12 cm wide. A plant for beginners which can help create a balance in the aquarium from the start. Its rapid growth helps prevent algae because the plant absorbs a great number of nutrients from the water. The shortage of micronutrients leads to pale leaves, which may be an indication that the aquarium needs fertiliser.
In large aquariums its lobed leaves can create a distinctive group.
|Country or continent where a plant is the most common. Cultivars arise or are bred in cultivation.|
|Growth rate of the plant compared to other aquatic plants.|
|Height:||20 – 30+|
|Average height (cm) of the plant after two months in the tank.|
|The average or medium light demand of an aquarium plant is 0,5 W/L.|
|A medium need in CO2 is 6-14 mg/L. A high demand in CO2 is approx. 15-25 mg/L.|
.Planting Instructions for the Hygrophila difformis:
- Firstly, take the label off.
- Secondly, remove the rock wool together with the plant from the net pot
- Thirdly, make sure you also remove the rock wool from the root system , take care not to break or tear the larger roots while doing this
- Finally, plant the stems using tweezers into the substrate
- Emersed to submersed growth in your aquarium
- Provide good water conditions for your plants
- Dose a respectable aquatic fertilizer for your plants , follow the instructions from the manufacturer
- Make sure you have the correct lighting spectrum , based on the plants needs Check out our video on aquarium lights.
- Prune dead leaves and stems constantly
- A Co2 system is a good addition into your aquarium for the plants to flourish
- Conduct 20-30% water changed once a week to ensure good water conditions
- Patience is key for the transition to take place