Hemianthus Micranthemoides “HM” is first of all a medium to High tech plant. In other words, it needs an active substrate but will grow better with added CO2
Hemianthus micranthemoides, also known as Baby Tears or Pearl grass is a nice plant that works well as a foreground plant for large aquariums or mid ground plant for small aquariums. In strong light, this plant will grow close to the substrate creating a great foreground plant. In moderate light, this plant will grow up towards the light creating a taller mid-ground plant.
Planting Instructions for the Hemianthus Micranthemoides “HM”:
- Firstly, take the label off.
- Secondly, remove the rock wool together with the plant from the net pot
- Thirdly, make sure you also remove the rock wool from the root system , take care not to break or tear the larger roots while doing this
- Finally, plant the stems using tweezers into the substrate
- Emersed to submersed growth in your aquarium
- Provide good water conditions for your plants
- Dose a respectable aquatic fertilizer for your plants , follow the instructions from the manufacturer
- Make sure you have the correct lighting spectrum , based on the plants needs Check out our video on aquarium lights.
- Prune dead leaves and stems constantly
- A Co2 system is a good addition into your aquarium for the plants to flourish
- Conduct 20-30% water changed once a week to ensure good water conditions
- Patience is key for the transition to take place