Cryptocoryne Wendtii is first of all a Low Tech pant. In other words, it will grow in any aquarium gravel
Cryptocoryne wendtii is one of the most popular, and widely available aquatic plants in the aquascaping hobby. It has several color variations, and it can be found in green, red and brown colors. The size and texture of the leaves can vary greatly.
This plant was originally native to Sri Lanka. It is commonly found in streams and rivers throughout Sri Lanka, and it tends to grow in shaded areas.
Planting Instructions for the Marsilea Hirsuta:
- Firstly, take the label off.
- Secondly, remove the rock wool together with the plant from the net pot
- Thirdly, make sure you also remove the rock wool from the root system , take care not to break or tear the larger roots while doing this
- Finally, plant the stems using tweezers into the substrate
- Emersed to submersed growth in your aquarium
- Provide good water conditions for your plants
- Dose a respectable aquatic fertilizer for your plants , follow the instructions from the manufacturer
- Make sure you have the correct lighting spectrum , based on the plants needs Check out our video on aquarium lights.
- Prune dead leaves and stems constantly
- A Co2 system is a good addition into your aquarium for the plants to flourish
- Conduct 20-30% water changed once a week to ensure good water conditions
- Patience is key for the transition to take place