Co2 Art – Aquarium CO2 Drop Checker Kit
Co2 Art – Aquarium CO2 Drop Checker Kit is an all-in-one kit to measure co2.
- CO2 Drop Checker Kit by CO2Art is specially designed to suit a professional’s needs.
- Made of glass for max reliability.
- Supplied with 15ml Drop Checker Solution and Suction Cup
- No mixing nor preparation is required.
- This is everything that you need to start monitoring CO2 levels in your aquarium.
- CO2 Drop Checker Kit is an original glassware product
- Fill the drop checker 2/3 full of CO2 Drop Checker Solution
- Install a drop checker inside the aquarium
- The optimum CO2 level is reached when the indicator solution is deep green
- Replace CO2 Drop Checker Solution minimum of once a month to maintain accuracy
When the drop checker is submerged in the aquarium, the carbon dioxide will outgas from the aquarium water into the airspace of the drop checker and will eventually be absorbed into the indicator solution. The carbon dioxide gas will seek a point of equilibrium between the indicator solution and the aquarium water. As equilibrium is achieved, the color of the indicator solution inside of the drop checker will change based on the concentration of CO2 in the aquarium water.
If the Aquarium CO2 Drop Checker Solution 15ml is green in color, then appropriate levels of carbon dioxide exist in the aquarium, and no action is required. If the solution in the drop checker changes to blue or yellow, then the CO2 levels in the aquarium are too low or too high, respectively.
CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) enhances your ability to successfully keep live aquatic plants. As green plants photosynthesize, they utilize carbon dioxide. Without CO2, live aquarium plants will have a
hard time thriving in the closed aquarium system.